Here's how it's going to run down: there will be a poll at the bottom of this post and you simply just vote for your favorite blog out of all of these arguments! :) Each day, there will be THREE voting rounds posted, so you'll have to scroll down and see all the posts for yourself. Each voting round lasts for exactly a week and once every voting round it done, winners will be announced, and prizes (if you would like to donate contact us. Please remember that if we don't get enough prizes we won't be giving ANY out at all) shipped out—that is, if the winner wants a prize.
For the Best Tour Group Blog nominees, we asked for the kind of tours they hosted, the kind of hosts they have, the amount of people signing up for each tour on average, and a little about they blog.
Dark Mind Book Tours
- What kind of tours you host: We host tours about urban/dark fantasy, paranormal romance and dark erotica, but we don't have limits to who books our tours. Most of our clients are indie authors, but we have also published authors and even publishing companies.
- What kind of hosts you have: We have lots of blogs, but recently we introduced the requirement for who wants to become a tour host to have at least 150 followers and at least 1600 monthly pageviews (they have to match both requirements, though), because we want to make sure that authors get the visibility they deserve.
- A little about your blog: Dark Mind Book Tours is for those who read, write and love to spread the word about urban/dark fantasy, paranormal romance and dark erotica, some of the most powerful genres out there.
- How many people on average sign up for your tours: 70+
- What kind of tours do you host: I host for indie authors, publishers, young adult tours, you name it. I don't turn away any one.
- What kind of hosts you have? They're from the states, Canada, Australia, UK, Asia. Its a diverse community.
- A little about your blog? Itching for Books is little over 4 months old and has already garnered a lot of attention and support. Its exciting seeing the response I get whenever I announce a tour. The spots usually get filled in an hour to less than 12 hours, no matter when the schedule is. From the beginning I wanted to start a book blog that was open to all sorts of books not just YA, and I wanted everyone to feel welcomed and appreciated whenever they visit by personally responding to their feedback.
- How many people on average sign up for your tours: We currently run between 25 – 35 tours a month on average, though that number is growing by the day! We love working with our authors and are thrilled at how many keep coming back to us.
- What kind of tours you host: We prefer to host genre fiction (romance, science fiction/fantasy, mystery and YA) but have also successfully run tours for non-fiction books, action/thrillers and others. We happily work with both traditionally published authors and indie/self-published authors. We’ve run tours for Harper Collins and for indie authors in the same month.
- What kind of hosts you have: Our tour host list consists of more than 400 blogs (also growing daily). We use both book blogs and author blogs, and require that our hosts have active blogs, with significant viewer numbers to host our tours. We do make some exceptions occasionally, as we also want to help our hosts grow their blogs as well. But when we use smaller blogs, we double book the dates so the author still gets plenty of eyes on their posts. It’s important to us that our authors get plenty of bang for their buck.
- A little about your blog: We’ve been in business since early 2009 and specialize in promotional packages of all kinds for authors. We not only do virtual book tours, but also graphic design (including book covers, banner ads, blog/site headers and more), book videos, release parties and more. Both Judy and Marianne are published authors and former book editors and know how hard it is to get the word out about a book when you’re working on a budget.
Just take a look at what some of our authors have said about us!
I loved the tour! The turnout was better than I could have ever expected. I'd definitely book another tourwhen the times comes. - Sara Brookes about her virtual tour for "Chasing Sin"
You were ALWAYS there to answer any questions and always willing to help in any way. I wouldn't
change a thing. My experience was wonderful and I'll be in touch when it comes time for my next tour. -Toni Lynn Cloutier about her virtual tour for "The Patriot Girl"
I fully intend on singing Goddess Fish's praises to anyone who is considering a book tour. - Gabrielle
Bisset about her virtual tour for "Blood Avenged"
I was incredibly impressed how well organized the blog tour was. This is the most efficient and well-run blog tour service I’ve ever encountered. Your process is wonderful, with small details handled so well that nothing falls through the cracks – you guys must be exhausted! - KH LeMoyne about her virtual book tour for "Return of the Legacy"
Full Moon Bites
- How many people on average sign up for your tours: On average? Honestly it has a lot to do with the genre of the book but right off, on the first day of sending out the tour invite, around 20.
- What kind of tours you host: We host for any author, whether indie or with a major publisher—we love them all! The genre’s we host vary. We host Paranormal, Contemporary, Romance, Fantasy (Urban/Dark), Young-Adult, Erotica (Male/Male, Male/Female and Ménage as well), Horror and more—really most all fiction genres. You can find a full list HERE.
- What kind of hosts you have: Like the genre’s we tour, our tour hosts match them. They are a mixture of all genres but a lot of the hosts love more than one genre which is always great! :)
- A little about your blog: Full Moon Bites is a book review blog that hosts a variety of genres from Erotica to Young-Adult as before--we love them all. Full Moon Bites prides our selves on the diversity of our genres and vow never to stick to just one—how could we when there are so many lovely ones out there? :) We also love to help promote the authors of those books. In fact, we love promoting wonderful books so much that in January of 2012 we created a branch of Full Moon Bites that does just that: FMB Blog Tours ~ Book PR 365 Day’s a Year! (AKA Full Moon Bites Tours) We have toured quite a few authors already and received some wonderful testimonials. All packages start at just $10.00 and we have a few of them. Why should book promo be so expensive? We also run promotions from month to month for discounts on packages.